Melbourne Jet Base guest wi-fi service.
Access to and use of this guest wi-fi is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
By accessing and using this guest wi-fi you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and as such you should read them carefully before connecting. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you must not access or use this guest wi-fi service.
Base will take reasonable action to provide reliable, secure and
stable access to the guest wi-fi but does not guarantee that the
guest wi-fi will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible at
Melbourne Jet Base advises that this service is not suitable for supporting any application or use which requires continuous, fault-free network connectivity or uninterrupted data traffic flow.
Melbourne Jet Base will not be liable if access to the guest wi-fi becomes unstable, unsecured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
If you are in the process of downloading a file and lose connection to the guest wi-fi, your partially downloaded file will be lost. We encourage you to save your work regularly while using the guest wi-fi and take precautions to prevent loss of information.
Melbourne Jet Base will take reasonable steps to monitor and attend to any faults, malfunctions or other problems associated with the guest wi-fi, but will not be liable if such faults, malfunctions or problems occur, and shall not be obligated to rectify any such faults within any specified timeframes.
User obligations & limitations
The guest wi-fi is intended to be used in an appropriate manner. Melbourne Jet Base may, at its discretion, block or limit access to certain websites that you may seek to access while using the guest wi-fi.
This includes but is not limited to websites and/or services that:
- could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the guest wi-fi or the Melbourne Jet Base other networks or equipment
- contain any viruses, malware or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, or access without authority any Melbourne Jet Base system, data or personal information
- provide access to, create, store, distribute or display offensive, pornographic or illegal text, graphics, audio or video
- are used for online gambling
- are used to harass or attempt to harass other people
- are offensive or promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- promote conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or
- further or
promote any criminal activity or enterprise, or provide instructional
information about illegal activities, including but not limited to:
• making or buying illegal
• violating someone’s privacy, or
• creating computer viruses or malware.
You are solely
responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or
otherwise communicated using the Melbourne Jet Base guest wi-fi, and
are responsible for keeping all user names, passwords and other
security-based information secure and private at all times.
Melbourne Jet Base will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage incurred as a result of use of the freely provided guest wi-fi.
Melbourne Jet Base strongly recommends you install a personal antivirus and firewall on your wireless enabled device to help block unwanted traffic and potentially malicious files.
Base collects personal information about you and other individuals
when you access the Melbourne Jet Base guest wi-fi.
The following information is collected:
- Your name and e-mail address
- your device's MAC address
- the addresses of the websites you visit while you are connected to the Melbourne Jet Base guest wi-fi.
Melbourne Jet Base collects your browser history for the purpose of delivering the guest Wi-Fi service and to ensure that your use of the guest wi-fi complies with these terms and conditions. If Melbourne Jet Base is unable to collect the information described above, you may be denied access to the guest Wi-Fi service.
Disclosure & publication of your personal information
Base will generally not disclose personal information it collects
about you and others when you use the Melbourne Jet Base guest wi-fi
to any external persons or entities.
Melbourne Jet Base may disclose personal information about you when it is required or authorised to do so pursuant to:
- a court or tribunal order for production of documents
- an applicable law
Accessing your personal information
For privacy inquiries contact:
Post: Melbourne Jet Base, PO Box 1386, Tullamarine VIC 3043 Australia
Phone: +61 3 8370 9640